Sorry, this job is no longer available
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and highly successful mid-sized IT business providing Business Intelligence solutions and services. Based in the North West, the company is a market leader, with an exceptional reputation with its well established client base. The operation is successful but needs a fresh pair of eyes to identify profit and growth opportunities.
The role will take over overall management of this business unit, and will own the P&L. With an established team of high calibre staff, the role will focus on:
- Driving the growth of high value services revenue
- Effective business operations leadership and P&L management
- Ensuring project management is executed effectively
- Effective management of the sales process
- Identification of sources of higher margin business
In addition to building the business in existing markets, the incumbent will investigate the potential to take the business into new sectors, where market demand is compatible with the current range of offerings. The role will also involve identification and perusal of acquisition targets.
This role will have a high degree of autonomy, and will be very attractive for someone who wishes to “own” management of the business and there is considerable growth potential for a highly progressive person.
On offer is a base salary of £120-140k, plus a bonus of circa £50k plus benefits.
Please check you meet the following mandatory requirements before applying:
- Experience of either running a P&L, or of managing a practice area and ready to take a bigger challenge – this will include solid management experience and ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the “numbers” side of the business
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence and datawarehousing software and solutions
- Experience working within an IT services, IT consulting or software business
- Good experience of managing project teams, to ensure implementations are on time and within budget, taking a robust approach to client management
- Sales management experience including running and managing a sales process – candidates will not necessarily be sales people, but will have overseen the sales process and managed sales people.
- Ideally experience of the public sector and health sector
- Demonstrate capability to open up new sources of revenue in other sectors.
- Flexible to travel to client sites UK wide
- Willing to be based in the North West
- Please note if your recent experience is mainly focussed on IT infrastructure or IT hardware it is unlikely to fit with our client’s requirements.
We can only accept applications from candidates with a current Right to Work in the UK and are based here.
To apply, please submit your CV, in strictest confidence, to Jonathan Ross at [email protected], quoting reference: 5997-JR or call him on: 01784 898 050.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE REPLIED TO! Please note that we will not send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.