Consulting Director role to expand the Public Sector practice of a high growth boutique CIO advisory consulting firm, based in the North or Midlands
Our client is a growing CIO advisory and IT management consulting firm, with c40 consultants, including an Associate base. They have a well-established and expanding Public Sector practice accounting for c50% of revenues and are on several key Frameworks.
They have ambitious plans and are approaching the next phase of business growth which includes a significant increase in the permanent headcount, even in the current market. Hence the decision to further grow the Public Sector, with a focus on developing this business in the Midlands and North of the UK concurrent with the Government’s much heralded “levelling up” agenda and the decentralisation of major departments and other Public Sector investment.
This newly created post of Management Consulting Director Public Sector is a key business growth role with equity prospects.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role has responsibility for new business sales, business development, growth and consulting project delivery of their Public Sector consulting practice.
Core capabilities are around “CIO advisory” including IT and Digital Strategy, IT Target Operating Model, Service Management, IT Sourcing, IT Risk Control and Security, IT Financial Business Management, IT Delivery.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Sales, business development and client management to build new accounts, lead proposals and wins.
- Client consulting delivery: once won, manage a portfolio of client consulting projects including personal utilisation.
- Capability development: development of methodologies and products, marketing.
- People: recruit, manage, lead and develop exceptional staff.
The plan is that this individual will take an equity stake in the business and a main Board role in due course.
The nature of this new role and the ambitions for the business is that there will therefore be excellent career potential for a talented and successful job holder.
Salary and package:
The base salary is likely to be in the range £115,000 to c£140,000 with some flexibility and a sales related bonus package which could be very generous. For a successful job holder there will be equity in due course.
Location and mobility:
The role will be “home based” and will appeal to candidates located in the North of England or the Midlands.
Candidates will require some degree of travel flexibility with periods away as required.
Please check you meet the following mandatory requirements before applying:
- A management consultant including a significant period of employment in a brand name consulting firm.
- Recent experience, gained in a consulting firm, of public sector sales and managing and developing client accounts.
- Contacts in the UK public sector involved in consulting procurement as well as confidence in your ability to win work.
- Deep consulting project leading and delivery expertise.
- Experience across several of my client’s capabilities and a good awareness of the “CIO” consulting agenda albeit please note deep technology experience is not essential.
- Solid permanent employment career progression: some recent experience freelance is fine but this is not a role for a long term independent.
We can only accept job applications from candidates who meet the essential selection criteria above and have current Right to Work in the UK.
Please apply to Chris Sale, in strictest confidence, quoting reference: 6022-CS.
WE REPLY TO ALL JOB APPLICATIONS! Please note that we will not send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.