Sorry, this job is no longer available
Work closely with the C-suite as trusted advisor to mitigate procurement risks, create competitive advantage, and drive enterprise growth.
Our client is an award-winning, high-growth IT strategy and IT advisory management consultancy. Their success comes from investment in the team and in providing exceptional advisory and consultancy services. Areas of capability include IT strategy, operating model, sourcing, architecture, technology transformation and optimisation. They work across all business sectors with a truly impressive client list and exceptional levels of repeat business.
Sourcing plays a vital role in rapidly achieving more efficient, more effective operations, with greater strategic reach and increased business impact. Our client has an increased demand for these skills to help clients to understand current market trends, what suppliers are offering in the next evolution of sourcing propositions and what that means to their organisation.
The UK office is in London but candidates can live and be based anywhere in the UK and will need to travel to their UK wide clients as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide consulting solutions across end to end sourcing life cycle:
- Develop evidence based sourcing strategies that align to organisational goals and imperatives
- Execute rigorous, but lean sourcing implementation programmes including drafting and negotiating effective contracts
- Deliver input and advice to help clients re-mediate problems and maximise value from established key supplier relationships
- Work closely with procurement and business functions at clients to clearly define and execute sourcing strategies
- Assess target function effectiveness including processes and baseline data to understand gaps to best practices and develop procurement strategies
- Manage execution of sourcing strategies including supplier engagement during RFI/ RFP processes and supporting supplier negotiations
- Create and deliver senior CxO level presentations throughout the consulting engagements
Please check you meet the following mandatory requirements before applying:
- Likely to come from one of the following backgrounds: a commercial role internal to the corporate world with an IT Procurement , Category Management, Vendor or IT Finance position where you have had alignment to big suppliers OR currently in a relevant IT consultancy role.
- You will offer the following skills:
- Business case experience
- Supplier Trending and Relationship experience (bench marking, market contract trends and insights)
- Contract management – day to day escalations, cost optimisation challenges
- Contract Negotiations (RFI, RFP, contract writing, commercial negotiations, cost modelling, service contracting, exit management)
- Appreciation of IT technical capabilities, but not deep tech experience.
- License modelling
- Solution and Innovation and an understanding of what it can influence
- Service Catalogues and Re-Charge modelling
- Unit Pricing of IT Contracts
- You must be fully mobile and able to stay at client locations anywhere in the UK for up to 3 days per week.
We can only accept job applications from candidates who meet the essential selection criteria above and are currently based in the UK, with UK consulting experience.
Please apply to Sheila Bradbury, in strictest confidence, quoting reference: 6160-SB.
WE REPLY TO ALL JOB APPLICATIONS! Please note that we will not send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.
To see our full list of career opportunities, please visit our Job Vacancies page.