Sorry, this job is no longer available
Exceptional new finance and operations director role in high growth professional services firm
Our client is a well-established advisory and IT management consulting firm, with c 60+ staff (a mix of permanent and full time freelance/associate). Their consultants and client base are across the UK, with a current focus on the South East and they have a well-established small support centre on the southern outskirts of York.
The business has ambitious plans and are approaching the next phase of practice growth which also includes a significant increase in the permanent headcount. As part of this development they wish to appoint a new and key member of the team as Finance and Operations Director/Chief Operating Officer to lead on all aspects of the accounting, finance and operations of the business (finance and operations has been part of the responsibilities of one of the founder Directors hitherto).
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a “blank sheet of paper” and make your mark on the company in this new role.
Reporting to the Managing Director this hands-on role will therefore take responsibility for:
- All accounting, finance and related bookkeeping/invoicing etc. aided by a staff member and external support
- Management information and decision support
- HR and related admin and compliance duties
- IT, data and systems
- Resource management and all administration relating to the freelance workforce
- All Operations and day to day support of the MD and Business/Client leaders including helping ensuring cost control and profitable projects
- Ad hoc projects and innovation to enable and aid the growth of the business
- Attendance at board meetings, virtual and otherwise.
Salary and package
A base salary in the range £70,000 to c£85,000 plus an objectives/performance based bonus.
Location and mobility
The role is based on the southern outskirts of York with occasional travel as required.
Please check you meet the following mandatory expertise and requirements before applying:
- All aspects of finance and accounting for a smaller company or operating division
- Production of relevant and insightful management information and board reports
- Familiarity with HR and other aspects of company compliance
- Experience across broader company operations/back office support
- Ideally recent experience in a B2B or related business/professional services/IT company
- An accounting or relevant academic finance/business qualification (e.g. degree/Masters etc)
- Commuting distance of York
We can only accept job applications from candidates who meet the essential selection criteria above and have current Right to Work in the UK.
Please apply to Chris Sale, in strictest confidence, quoting reference: 6028-CS.
WE REPLY TO ALL JOB APPLICATIONS! Please note that we will not send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.