Sorry, this job is no longer available
A great opportunity to work for a highly respected global company at the outset of a major and high-profile IT and data project in the London Market
Our client is justifiably regarded as a major force in data management and predictive modelling. They analyse data, present information in formats their customers can use and develop practical tools that integrate into their clients’ workflow.
Their Insurance Solutions Division has delivered data, analytics and decision support services for many decades but have only recently established a base in London where they will build a product for the London Market.
In the light of Brexit, it is vital that the UK has the data to design new products that address evolving customer demand post-Brexit, grasp the opportunity to fine-tune the solvency regime and understand how markets can be more aligned in terms of access rights, regulation and governance to other economies. You will join the Market Data and BI team in London.
We seek highly talented individuals with deep expertise in P&C insurance who can:
- interact with Business Users and Technical Architects during the system design process to ensure usability and suitability of the Market Data Collection product.
- create appropriate Use Cases to ensure real world testing of the product.
- walk through the product with Client representatives to ensure continuous alignment between development and requirement.
- be involved in User acceptance testing.
- maintain and update documentation.
To qualify, candidates must:
- evidence 4+ years of relevant work experience of which at least one year has been spent in data transformation.
- offer considerable knowledge of P&C insurance in the London Market with a strong preference for Lloyds business domain experience.
- ideally have knowledge of data management and data modelling concepts, plus reporting requirements, such as regulatory.
- have experience of interpreting “raw” detailed written business rules.
- be comfortable working with structured data in various formats (fixed length, comma/tab delimited, SQL data).
- ideally have some knowledge of Solvency 11, Acord data standards and/or an understanding of how European legislation differs from UK legislation.
- demonstrate data skills such as profiling, data quality assessment, mapping and data lineage.
- have a good understanding of and experience in data manipulation, report generation and data validation procedures.
- have a working knowledge of any reporting or BI tools
- personally, be customer centric and a team player with excellent organisational skills.
- have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline.
Our client has recently won a prestigious award for their innovation, has a ‘Best Employer’ accreditation and is a Great Place to Work® certified company based on their outstanding workplace culture. They also have a huge commitment to corporate social responsibility, supporting communities in which they live and work.
Share options will be available for Senior Roles.
We can only accept applications from candidates who meet the essential selection criteria above and have current Right to Work in the UK.
Please apply to Sheila Bradbury, in strictest confidence, quoting reference: 6121-SB
WE REPLY TO ALL APPLICATIONS! Please note that we will not send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.