Consulting Director lead role for Financial Services in fast growing boutique CIO advisory management consulting firm
Our client is a well-established CIO advisory and IT management consulting firm, c60+ FTE. They are expanding rapidly and have ambitious plans for further growth which includes a significant increase in the permanent headcount.
This newly created post of Consulting Director Financial Services is a leadership role, reporting to the MD, with responsibilities for sales, business development, revenue growth and project delivery in their Financial Services and Banking management consulting practice. Currently accounting for c50% of overall business revenues clients include major brands in capital markets and wholesale/commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, payments organisations and exchanges, amongst others.
The firm’s core capabilities are around “CIO advisory” including IT Strategy and Digital Strategy, IT Target Operating Model, Service Management, Sourcing, Risk Control and Security, IT Financial Business Management, delivery oversight.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Sales: business development and client management, to grow existing clients, build new accounts, lead proposals and wins.
- Client delivery: manage a portfolio of client projects including personal utilisation.
- Capability development: development of methodologies and products and associated marketing.
- People: recruit, manage, lead and develop exceptional staff.
The plan is that this individual will take an equity stake in the business and a main Board role in due course dependent upon their contribution and sales success.
The nature of this new role and the ambitions for the business is that there will therefore be excellent career potential for a talented and successful job holder.
Salary and package:
The base salary is likely to be in the range £120,000 to c£140,000 with a potentially generous bonus package which rewards business development and commercial success. For a successful job holder there will be equity in due course.
Location and mobility:
While many clients are in London some flexibility to work with clients further afield is required post Covid. It is likely that candidates will live within commuting distance of London.
Please check you meet the following mandatory requirements before applying:
- An experienced management consultant including a significant period of permanent employment in a brand name consulting firm, albeit might now be “client side”.
- Experience, gained in a consulting firm, of selling work and managing and building client accounts. Extensive new business sales experience and buyer contacts are of course attractive but not essential.
- Deep consulting project leading and delivery expertise.
- Considerable financial services experience in any one or more of Capital Markets, Commercial Banking, Retail, Wealth Management, Insurance or Payments
- Experience across several of my client’s capabilities and a good awareness of the “CIO” agenda albeit deep technology experience is not essential.
- Solid permanent employment career progression
We can only accept job applications from candidates who meet the essential selection criteria above, are based in the UK and have the current Right to Work in the UK for any employer without sponsorship.
Please apply to Chris Sale, in strictest confidence, quoting reference: 5702-CS.
WE REPLY TO ALL JOB APPLICATIONS! Please note that we will not send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.