Sorry, this job is no longer available
Leadership role for ambitious fast tracker in expanding £10m IT services business
This is an exciting opportunity for a high flier to join a newly acquired well established and successful IT business providing IT solutions and services including digital, applications, development and data/business intelligence to a broad blue chip client base. The operation is successful and following recent takeover by a £120m technology and information solutions company there is a need for a fresh pair of eyes to identify profit and growth opportunities.
The role will involve leadership of this business and will own the P&L.
With an established team of high calibre staff, the role will focus on:
- Effective project management and business operations leadership
- Effective sales management and business development
- Driving the growth of high value services revenue
- Identification of sources of higher margin business
In addition to building the business in existing markets, the incumbent will investigate the potential to take the business into new sectors, where market demand is compatible with the current range of offerings. The role will also involve identification and pursuit of acquisition targets.
This role will have a high degree of autonomy and will be very attractive for someone who wishes to step up from a leadership post to run a P+L. A candidate could come from a sales background but demonstrate experience operations and delivery or vice versa.
There is considerable growth potential in the group for the right candidate and my client is seeking individuals with the capacity for further career growth.
Please check you meet the following mandatory requirements before applying:
- Recent experience of either running a P&L, or of line managing 20+ person team/practice area and ready to take a bigger challenge – this will include solid management experience and ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the “numbers” side of the business
- Recent experience in an IT services, IT consulting or software business
- Good experience of managing project teams, to ensure implementations are on time and within budget of scale £100k-£5m i.e. not vast outsourcing or SI deals
- Sales management experience including running and managing a sales process – candidates will not necessarily be sales people, but will have overseen the sales process
- Sector generalist
- Good academic background
We regret our client will not consider candidates with frequent recent employer/job moves.
Please also note if your experience is mainly focussed on IT infrastructure, IT outsourcing, IT hardware or telecoms it is unlikely to fit with our client’s requirements.
We can only accept applications from candidates with a current Right to Work in the UK AND who are based here.
Please apply to Chris Sale, in strictest confidence, quoting reference: 6107-CS.
WE REPLY TO ALL APPLICATIONS! Please note that we will not send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.