Sorry, this job is no longer available
Lead a 35 person strategic advisory consulting team working closely with Product Development to support client Innovation, Research and Development
Our client is an international consulting company supporting their clients’ product innovation lifecycle. They work with the R&D divisions of major global corporations as well as with embryonic disruptors on a variety of leading-edge propositions across a range of vertical markets including: medical, consumer, food & beverage, energy and industrial markets. They apply their technical and innovative expertise to enable their clients to both innovate and turn ideas into successful commercial reality.
Reporting to the Divisional Managing Director the Head of Innovation Consulting is a new role, leading a large team, and has been created to enable further growth of this key service offering.
You will be working with some of the best minds in the industry leading teams delivering consulting projects that provide market and industry insight for product, and associated manufacturing process innovation including:
- Building strategy: the assessment of market landscapes for clients looking to develop products for further growth
- Identifying acquisition targets for clients looking to enter new markets
- Assessing product and R&D technologies and evaluating commercial options
- Innovating industry supply chains, technical business models and market dynamics to enable opportunities for disruption
- Team leadership, people management and talent development
- Work with business development to shape and sell consulting and associated R&D/product innovation
- Provide thought leadership and advise on and shape propositions
- Lead the business operations including building revenue and managing utilisation
Salary and package:
£120,000 – £140,000 + bonus + benefits
Location and mobility:
Role could be based from Guildford, London or Cambridge locations. Post Covid, some UK and international mobility will be required including US.
Please check you meet the following mandatory requirements before applying:
Please note this role is not seeking candidates with experience focussed in the digital or IT domains, or from a SI employer.
- Experience of shaping and evaluating future markets/product innovation/R&D within a management consulting firm/practice
- Experience of practice leadership and managing a significant department/function
- A good understanding of R&D, product innovation, and design
- Experience of supporting the sale of consulting assignments
- A scientific/engineering degree qualification, ideally also post-grad.
We can only accept job applications from candidates who meet the essential selection criteria above and have current Right to Work in the UK.
Please apply to Sheila Bradbury, in strictest confidence, quoting reference: 6026-SB.
WE REPLY TO ALL JOB APPLICATIONS! Please note that we will not send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.