£120,000 - £150,000 + bonus: £200k to £240k package
First rate, unique ‘client side’ management consulting role: a route to the Board
This is an exceptional and unusual opening in a well-established and international 200+ strong management consulting operation, part of a major European energy business. It typically hires top tier management consultants and is seen as a springboard for them to move to future leadership roles in the wider Group.
To enable further growth in the UK operations they are seeking an experienced management consultant to join as a Partner, responsible for the joint leadership and development of the practice, sales and account management, oversight of the delivery of key projects and acting as trusted advisor to clients.
The role reports to the consulting business’s CEO.
They focus on the energy value chain from power generation, through distribution to retail, but increasingly other related and convergent sectors. These include infrastructure, smart cities, mobility/electric-automotive, renewable energy, telecoms and asset intensive industries.
Their services encompass the full spread of strategic advisory and delivery capabilities including strategy, assessing disruptive innovations, operating model development, post-merger integration, economics/policy, process/operations, change, transformation and programme management. While proud of their ‘internal consulting’ heritage the business wins work in full competition with top tier external management and strategy consultancies and is very highly regarded internally. It is also increasingly winning ‘non Group’ business: currently c30% of its work.
Their culture is professional and friendly, avoiding hierarchy, bureaucracy and internal politics. It is entrepreneurial and empowering, encouraging innovation and free thinking.
They are wholly committed to individuals’ professional and career development and this practice is seen as a key stepping stone for future senior careers in the broader business. Alumni include CEOs in the group. Career options for those keen to remain in consulting within this expanding team are also excellent.
The role will be based from the Central London office, focussed on the UK. While not a high travel post it will require some UK and international mobility albeit the Partner will be in charge of their own diary! Candidates could however live anywhere in the UK and would be expensed accordingly.
The significant bonus is highly reliable: invariably paying in the range 90% to 120% of target.
Please check you meet the following mandatory requirements before applying:
- A deep management consultancy track record and career including top tier consultancy employers and recently (or currently) working at Senior Manager or Director level as a management consultant within a highly regarded consulting firm/practice
- Broad skill set across the consulting life cycle from strategy, business architecture and target operating models, to organisational design, implementation and transformation
- Experienced in sales and business development, although acting as lead sales person or carrying sales targets is not required
- Either expert and deep knowledge of the UK energy and utilities market or of convergent, related sectors e.g. infrastructure, smart cities, mobility/electric-automotive, renewable energy, telecoms, asset intensive etc
- Strong academic background
- Flexible mobility: willingness to travel and undertake overnight trips on occasion as required
We can only accept job applications from candidates who meet the essential selection criteria above and have the current Right to Work in the UK.
Please apply to Chris Sale, in strictest confidence, quoting reference: 6164-CS.
WE REPLY TO ALL JOB APPLICATIONS! Please note that we will never send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.
To see our full list of career opportunities, please visit our Job Vacancies page.