£120,000-£150,000: package £200,000+
First rate, unique “client side” management consulting role: a route to the Board
This is an exceptional and unusual opening in a well-established and international 200+ strong management consulting operation, part of a major European energy business. It is seen as a springboard for future leadership roles in the wider Group.
They focus on the energy value chain from power generation, through distribution to retail, but increasingly other related and convergent sectors. These include infrastructure, smart cities, mobility/electric-automotive, renewable energy, telecoms and also asset intensive industries.
Their services encompass the full spread of strategic advisory and delivery capabilities including strategy, the potential for disruptive innovation, operating model development, post-merger integration, operations, change, transformation and programme management. While proud of their “internal consulting” heritage the business wins work in full competition with top tier external management and strategy consultancies and is also increasingly winning “non Group” business: currently c30% of its work.
Their culture is professional and friendly, avoiding hierarchy, bureaucracy and internal politics.
They are wholly committed to individuals’ professional and career development and this practice is seen as a key stepping stone for future senior careers in the broader business. Alumni include CEOs in the group. Career options within the expanding consulting business are also excellent.
To enable further growth in the UK operations they are seeking an experienced management consultant to join as a Partner, responsible for the joint leadership and development of the practice, sales and account management, oversight of the delivery of key projects and acting as trusted advisor to clients. The role reports to the consulting business’s CEO.
The role will be based from the London office, focussed on the UK and will require UK and international mobility. Candidates could however live anywhere in the UK and would be expensed accordingly.
Please check you meet the following mandatory requirements before applying:
- A deep management consultancy track record and career including top tier consultancy employers and recently (or currently) working at Senior Manager or Director level as a management consultant within a highly regarded consulting firm/practice
- Broad skill set across the consulting life cycle from strategy, business architecture and target operating models, to organisational design, implementation and transformation
- Experienced in sales and business development, although acting as lead sales person or carrying sales targets is not required
- Expert and deep knowledge of the UK energy and utilities market OR convergent, related sectors e.g. infrastructure, smart cities, mobility/electric-automotive, renewable energy, telecoms, asset intensive etc
- Strong academic background
- Mobile and willing to work away from home with clients in the UK and Europe as required
We can only accept job applications from candidates who meet the essential selection criteria above and have the current Right to Work in the UK.
Please apply to Chris Sale, in strictest confidence, quoting reference: 6164-CS.
WE REPLY TO ALL JOB APPLICATIONS! Please note that we will never send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.
To see our full list of career opportunities, please visit our Job Vacancies page.