£140,000 base plus £360,000 on target bonus
Fantastic senior business development role within a leading global management consultancy.
This is an unusual and exciting opportunity for a top-performing senior sales professional from the management consulting sector to join an ambitious global consultancy as a Business Development Director.
The firm has an established track record of successfully delivering performance improvement consulting projects for clients within the manufacturing, aerospace and defence, heavy industry, natural resources and engineering sectors. Internally they have a well-established sales process and the Business Development Director will benefit from a full support team, including research and knowledge management resources, as well as a dedicated BD executive. This is an organisation in which the sales discipline is highly regarded and those who deliver results are rewarded exceptionally well.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for turning sales prospects into clients:
- Rapidly building an understanding of the consultancy offering (prior experience of selling management consultancy services is essential)
- Embracing the internal sales model, including sales processes and reporting requirements, and leading by example within the BD community
- Meeting with potential clients, building relationships and managing them through the process to secure a sale
- Managing an ongoing portfolio of target clients and a network of relationships at CXO level
- Achieving an annual sales target of £4-8m
For exceptional business development professionals this is an exciting opportunity to operate at the highest level in a demanding, yet rewarding environment with uncapped earnings potential.
Please check you meet the following mandatory requirements before applying:
- Experience of successfully selling business consulting projects of £1m+ in value. This must include experience of selling performance improvement or business transformation work. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applicants whose experience is solely within IT sales.
- Proven track record of building relationships at CXO level, with a strong personal network.
- Broad-based industry sector experience, which MUST include experience within one or more of: manufacturing food and beverage, aerospace and defence, engineering, construction OR natural resources.
- Education to degree-level.
We can only accept applications from candidates who meet the essential selection criteria above and have current Right to Work in the UK.
Please apply to Caroline Boston, in strictest confidence, quoting reference: 6075- CB
WE REPLY TO ALL APPLICATIONS!
Please note that we will not send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.