£115,000-c£140,000 plus significant bonus and equity potential
Financial Services practice lead Consulting Director role in exciting boutique IT advisory management consulting firm
Our client is a well-established, mid-sized CIO advisory and IT management consulting firm. They have ambitious growth plans and are approaching the next phase of practice growth which includes a significant increase in the permanent headcount.
This exciting opportunity, Consulting Director Financial Services, is a leadership role, reporting to the MD, with responsibility for the business development, growth and project delivery of their Financial Services and Banking consulting practice. Currently accounting for c50% of business revenues clients include major brands in capital markets and wholesale/commercial banking, wealth management, payments organisations and exchanges amongst others.
Core capabilities are around “CIO advisory” including IT and Digital Strategy, IT Target Operating Model, Service Management, Sourcing, IT Risk Control and Security, IT Financial Business Management, IT Delivery.
The key responsibilities of the Consulting Director Financial Services will be:
- Sales, business development and client management to grow existing clients and ideally build new accounts. Lead proposals and wins
- Client delivery: manage a portfolio of existing and future client projects including personal utilisation
- Capability development: development of methodologies and products, marketing
- People: recruit, manage, lead and develop exceptional staff.
The plan is that this individual will take an equity stake in the business and Board role in due course dependent upon their contribution and sales success.
The nature of this new role and the ambitions for the business is that there will therefore be excellent career potential for a talented and successful job holder.
Salary and package
The base salary is likely to be in the range £115,000 to c£140,000 a personalised bonus package which could be substantial. For a successful job holder there will be equity in due course.
Location and mobility
While many clients are in London flexibility to work with clients further afield is required. It is highly likely that candidates will live within commuting distance of London.
Please check you meet the following mandatory requirements before applying:
- A management consultant including a significant period of employment in a highly regarded brand name consulting firm, albeit might now be “client side”.
- Experience gained in a consulting firm of managing and developing client accounts including sell on work and leading proposals. New business sales experience and buyer contacts might be attractive but not essential.
- Deep consulting project leading and delivery expertise.
- A career in Financial Services. Exact area flexible but if not as stated above the candidate will need to have deep sales capability and contacts to take my client into the new area.
- Experience across several of my client’s capabilities and an exceptional awareness of the “CIO” agenda albeit deep technology experience not essential.
- Solid permanent employment career progression: some experience freelance is acceptable but a long term contractor or a number of recent short job moves would not attract my client.
We can only accept job applications from candidates who meet the essential selection criteria above and have current Right to Work in the UK.
Please apply to Chris Sale, in strictest confidence, quoting reference: 5702-CS.
WE REPLY TO ALL JOB APPLICATIONS! Please note that we will not send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.