A recent survey of over 2000 hiring managers gives valuable insight into decision making criteria. Some of the findings are not surprising but clearly these decision makers are still meeting candidates who fail some pretty basic criteria. Part 2 of our interview tips ….
Interview mistakes, continued:
- Over explaining why you lost your last job or want to move
- Lack of interest or enthusiasm for the job or the employer
- Concentrating on what you want rather than what you can offer
- Lack of preparation and obviously “winging” it
Most likely interview questions:
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What do you know about us/the job?
- Why did you leave/do you want to leave your job?
- What was your experience in role x?
Most important interview tips:
- Research the company
- Review your qualification (s) for the role and be able to describe relevant experience
- Be clear why you are interested in the job and the company